-
February 21st, 2006, 03:39 AM
#1
mypinkmermaid
Guest
I am having a "situation" with my girls, and being relatively new to having AG dolls, would appreciate input.
I keep reading on this board about how dolls are being renamed, and discovering their personalities, and I'm just kind of going, uh huh, yeah, ok, but not really getting it, until recently that is. Allow me to explain.
I started out Xmas 2005 with an AGOT, blond hair with bangs and green eyes. I was so excited to finally have an AG doll, and I had it all planned, I would name her Jennie. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Well, as I was dressing her in one of her new outfits on Xmas day, she informed me that there must be some mistake, her name was Katie, short for Kaitlin. Ok, I could handle that. Katie it was, and has been since. Last week, I got a PM Kirsten off ebay, and anxiously awaited her arrival. Immediately upon coming out of her box, she demanded her perfect braids be undone and said "Please do my hair like Katie's, we are fraternal twins. And by the way, I prefer Kirstie to Kirsten." [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
I guess I can live with that, I mean, they are fraternal twins, not identical, and are not picky about wearing matchy matchy outfits., so the nickname and finding out they were sisters was no huge deal.
Now, I had also been desiring Marisol and Jess, and they were enroute while I was absorbing the whole Katie/Kirstie thing.
I looked so forward to Jess, probably more than the others. My own children are bi-racial, and a lot of their friends are too, so Jess was to be a very welcome addition to our family. She arrived the next day, and she was just perfect, except for one small problem: [img]eek.gif[/img] She says her name is not Jess, she is Jennie, and she's not Japanese/Irish, she's Welsh and Irish. "Can't you see that I look just like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones? And by the way, get this funky orange thing off me, I much prefer classic little girls clothing, dresses mostly." So <u>this</u> is Jennie! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] But what is going on here? It shouldn't have come to any surprise to me that when Marisol showed up, she told the whole bunch of us that she is not who we think she is, she is from Greece and her name is Chloe, thank you very much. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
I love my girls, but they are making me crazy with this whole mixed up identity thing. Is this normal?! [img]confused.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 21, 2006 12:40 PM: Message edited by: mypinkmermaid ]</font>
-
February 21st, 2006, 03:58 AM
#2
Inactive Member
-
February 21st, 2006, 03:55 PM
#3
Inactive Member
-
February 21st, 2006, 03:59 PM
#4
Inactive Member
That's so funny! [img]wink.gif[/img]
I have not experienced this quite as dramatically as you have. But I didn't know what I would name my #26, and when I opened the box, she told me her name was Amber Kristina. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
February 21st, 2006, 04:08 PM
#5
Inactive Member
[img]smile.gif[/img] You are doing just fine, Nana.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 21, 2006 12:09 AM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>
-
February 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Yeah. It's normal. My AGT #18 has been called Paige since she got her a few months ago, and just yesterday she decides that she wants to be called Kiele. Go figure.
-
February 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM
#7
Inactive Member
My Samantha was so jealous of Jess that she wanted to have clothes just like hers. I bought her some home made clothes, and after she wore them for about a week, she decided that she liked her own clothes better. That's fine because now Jess can have a few more outfits (Samantha has a much larger wardrobe than Jess). They don't have a crisis with their name or who they are, but WHEN they are...I guess. Jess is contented with anything, so I took her with me to Meridian, Mississippi. We just read books most of the time while my husband was out playing golf for his birthday.
-
February 21st, 2006, 05:42 PM
#8
Inactive Member
That's my Inky! I thought I knew her name was Coral- but when I met her, she insisted on being called Inky! I told her I'm still the mom, so I gave her the chinese word for Coral as her middle name.
-
February 21st, 2006, 06:14 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
How adorable, Nana! You really know your girls well! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
We only have one AGT and she changes her name constantly. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] I have to ask her her name frequently because I've forgotten it!
We also have a PM Samantha with a haircut who has not yet told us her name. She is pretty shy but is coming out of her shell. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
February 22nd, 2006, 04:03 AM
#10
LordofthePumpkinPatch
Guest
That was funny.
No, your doing very good! That means the dolls are being loved and not just chunks of earth depleting resources. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
I have one doll who would not be content until he was Raven. And now he's got himself a band.
[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks